"Planet ISO has successfully helped 400+ companies of all shapes, sizes, and industries achieve certification to the AS 9100, AS 9120, ISO 9001, and ISO 13485 standards."
Why is AS9100 Rev D important, and how can it benefit your organization?
Your customers want to know that you are taking the steps necessary to improve the quality of your products and services and to enhance customer satisfaction, and implementing a QMS according to the requirements of AS9100 Rev D can do just that. By managing, controlling, and auditing your own processes, as well as having an outside certification body verifying that your QMS meet the requirements, your customers can know that everything is well in hand.
As the internationally recognized standard for aerospace Quality Management Systems, AS9100 rev D is based on seven quality management principles that are recognized as necessary to make a Quality Management System work. Your customers will be content to know that your QMS is also based on these principles.
One of the biggest benefits of AS9100 certification is that every certified company must be included on the Online Aerospace Supplier Information System (OAIS) maintained by the IAQG. This is a searchable database that is available for any company in the aerospace industry that is looking at supplier selection and surveillance, and includes not only information about each company, but also contact information for purchasing. Since OASIS is used by the industry to find suppliers, it is like a free marketing tool for your company, used throughout the aerospace industry.
What are the benefits of implementing AS9100?
Based on internationally recognized quality management principles, AS9100 rev D is designed to help you to implement a Quality Management System that has been shown to provide the following benefits:
Improved customer satisfaction
– By focusing your efforts on understanding customer requirements and meeting customer needs, the satisfaction of your customers will improve. Higher customer satisfaction leads to more repeat customers, which is good for your business.
Improved decision making
– By involving top management within your Quality Management System, and basing your decisions on evidence rather than vague notions and attitudes, you can improve how you make decisions. Better decisions mean better allocation of resources which, in turn, can lead to lower costs.
– By using the process approach to better understand the processes used to provide your products and services, as well as taking an overall system view of how these processes interact, you can not only work to make each process better, but also to reduce inefficiency when products and information flow between processes.
– When you have an emphasis on meeting customer needs, improving your system and processes, and increasing customer satisfaction, your employees will have a focus for their work. Who is better at understanding the processes to try to make them better than the people who work on them? And this engagement can improve employee morale and workplace satisfaction.
Better relationships with suppliers
– Improving the relationships with your suppliers can bring many benefits as you work towards improving the satisfaction of your customers. In partnership with your suppliers, you can find ways to make your purchased products and services less expensive, delivered quicker, and more suited to your needs. Overall, this can save time and money for both you and your suppliers.
Make improvement part of your daily business
– Continual improvement, making the Quality Management System better incrementally over time, is so ingrained in the AS9100 standard that this can become second nature to your organization. When this happens, you can have the entire workforce involved in finding ways to make your processes better, less costly, and more efficient – which is an improvement for everyone.
Along with these benefits, AS9100 rev D, as the internationally recognized standard for aerospace Quality Management Systems, will give you an improved image to your customers who understand that managing the quality of your products and services is critical for overall business success.